here's my Spicy Roast Chicken:
1/2 a chicken, skin intact
2 heaped tbsps of softened butter
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
dried oregano leaves (the recipe called for mixed herb but i only have this at home)
1 tbsp of blended cili kering
salt and pepper to taste
small russet potatoes, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
a head of broccoli, chopped
1. preheat oven to 220degrees for 20 minutes.
2.clean chicken and rub dry with kitchen towel.
3. mix butter, garlic, oregano leaves and blended cili well. add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. with the neck area of the chicken facing u, peel the skin inwards so u have a pocket between the skin and flesh.rub the butter mix inside the pocket, or like me juz stuff as much buter mix as i can into the pocket.
5. rub the remainder mix all over chicken.
6. put the chicken into ovenproof dish, cook for about 25 minutes. by then the butter already melted and the skin starts to brown.
8. about 15 minutes before the chicken's done, toss broccoli inside the dish.
7. remove chicken from the oven, and move the chicken into a plate. quickly toss the potatoes and carrot into ovenproof dish and mix with the melted butter. replace the chicken onto the bed of potatoes and carrot and pop it into the oven again for about 40 minutes.
not bad for a first timer,eh?